Blog Archive

Friday 8 October 2010

155 Fells in a week!

As most of you are probably aware I live in the Lake District and, like many, I do take it for granted. People ask me if I’ve been up Broad Crag, Great Gable, Esk Pike…the list could go on, and I find myself embarrassed to say 'no' as it’s something I should have concurred in the 4 years I have been living up here. So....I have decided I am going to walk, run, and skip, depending on the state of mind, up every fell over 2000ft in the Lake District within a week, maybe sooner!

I firstly came up with the idea because I wanted to see as much of the Lakes as possible and secondly I want to simulate the miles and ascent that I will be experiencing in Antarctica.

The miles that I will be doing out in Antarctica are over 1100 and the highest ascent will be over 13000ft, however with the altitude this will seem much longer, higher and harder. I figure if I can achieve 155 fells in a week this will give me a great starting point for when I reach Antarctica.

I’m currently figuring out the best route and starting points to minimise the travel between each fell in order to complete them in a week. If anyone has any ideas and/ or suggestions, I’m all ears.

Here’s the list of fells over 2000ft in the Lake District:

http://www.thelakedistrictmountains.org/Links%20etc/fellslist2000ft.+.htm

I’ve yet to break the news to my dog, but I’m sure he will enjoy it as much as me!! :o)

Progress coming soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment